Sunday, July 19, 2015

More action

I'm a dreamer. Always have been and probably always will be. There's nothing wrong with dreaming big, but the problem starts when that's all you do.

I could talk for hours about things I like to do, want to do, or plan to do. When it comes to actually doing them, though, I tend to be a procrastinator. Unfortunately, this also includes things that I feel God wants me to do. I say I'll do them "later" or "tomorrow." Well, doing them "tomorrow" turns into another "tomorrow," then another "tomorrow," then another, and so on, until I finally realize it's been weeks or even months since I originally planned on doing something. A great example of this would be the blog I started and only added one post, but had intended to update it weekly.

Well, I've decided that needs to stop, and it needs to stop right now. Talking about the things I'm going to do is fine, but I also need to start putting action to those plans.

A new blog post WILL be going up first thing Monday (tomorrow) morning (it's actually already written and scheduled, so yay for not putting that off again).

I WILL be working on the Fearless website on Monday.
I WILL be updating the Fellowship website on Tuesday.
I WILL be working on editing some of my book on Wednesday.

There is no more "I'll do it tomorrow."

While I think one part of the problem is general procrastinating, I think another part of the problem is that there are so many things I have on my plate that I would like to do, I start to feel overwhelmed at the idea and then nothing gets done. That's why I've only given myself one project per day.

No comments:

Post a Comment