Monday, May 25, 2015

New Blog

I love listening to Contemporary Christian music. I always find the lyrics to be inspirational, and at times, even an encouragement for something that is going on in my life at the time. The lyrics are usually based off of themes, ideas, passages, etc, found in the Bible (otherwise, it couldn't really be called a Christian song, could it?).

Last year, I was inspired by the song, Steal My Show, by TobyMac, so much, I wanted to make that my "theme song" for the year. I mean by that, that I wanted to spend the year getting closer to God and learning how to let Him use me to do His work.

This year, I had a hard time deciding what part of my walk with Christ I wanted to focus on. While last year was an amazing year of growth, and while I will always be searching for ways He can use me, I wanted to focus on something different this year. Still, what exactly that would be has been a hard decision. "What is God trying to teach me right now?" has been a constant question.

I've noticed lately that while dealing with some negativity in my life, the songs, Speak Life, by TobyMac and Words, by Hawk Nelson, kept coming to mind. Anyone who knows me will tell you that if I get angry or feel that something needs to be said, I am not afraid to speak my mind (or perhaps this should be past tense). This is something that God has been dealing with me about, and every time I feel like I want to speak my mind (not in love), He gives me these two songs, both of which encourage me to speak positive things and to encourage others.

Taking that as an inspiration, a few weeks ago, I finally determined how God wanted to work with me this year. Taking last years lessons of learning to let God use me for His work (His work, His credit, not mine), this year I will apply those lessons and put them into action.

Last year, He worked in my heart. This year, He will work through a talent and passion He has given me, my writing.

And so, I present to you, the beginnings of a new blog: http://aheartfeltprayer.blogspot.com/

He has already given me many topics to write about, and with His help, I intend to write/post something once a week (starting today, and every Monday in the foreseeable future).

I hope you will be encouraged and inspired by something you read.

-----

PS - This blog will remain as one to be used personally (personal updates), and my other blog, http://storywriter85.blogspot.com/, will be used for all creative writings (I will eventually put all of my stories on that blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment