Monday, August 17, 2015

Getting back up

Let me be the first to admit, I've been slacking off the past few weeks. For about a week and a half, I jumped right into the idea of not procrastinating anymore, of staying busy and actually getting things done rather than to continue to talk about getting things done. Well, after that time of one and a half to two weeks, I thought, 'Wow, this is a lot of work," and took a break. That break put me back into my old habits. The break started with one day, then a weekend, then a week, and so on. I decided I will NOT let it become a regular habit again. I enjoyed feeling productive while I worked on those projects, and I WILL jump right back in.

This morning, I got up when the first alarm went off. I've gotten back into the habit of hitting the snooze button a few times until it turns off, then letting God wake me up about an hour later. Thankfully, He's always gotten me up with just enough time to do what I need to before going off to work. However, when that happens, there's rarely enough time for relaxing with coffee and quiet time with God. At first, I would get upset; I couldn't imagine why God wouldn't wake me with enough time for that. Then, I realized, time with God is a choice. If I wanted that time with Him, I was going to have to make the effort to get up when the alarm went off and show Him that I was serious about wanting that time with Him. So, this morning, I got up when the alarm went off - I didn't even hit the snooze button once!

Great start for the week! Tonight, I wrote an Inspired Thoughts post, which has suffered since I've gone back to my procrastination habits.

Tomorrow, I will make some requested updates to the Fearless website.
Wednesday, I will attempt to work on the Fellowship website.
Thursday, I will do some editing on my book and possibly work on a Fearless project.

A few weeks ago, I stumbled with all of this, but now I am getting back up and back into it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment